While it’s true that you can always go to your competitor’s fan page and see what they’ve posted, Facebook changes have reduced a fan page’s organic views so you probably won’t see all their posts.
Fortunately, in an effort to make their pages and ads more transparent, Facebook now shows ad creatives on every fan page provided you know where to look.
Here’s how you do it:
- Go to your competitor’s Facebook fan page
- Scroll down to ‘Page Transparency’ on the right-side panel and click ‘See More’
- Under the Summary tab, scroll down to ‘Ads From This Page’ and click ‘Go to Ad Library’
Quick Tip: Click on the location drop down to see location targeting and the ad creatives used for each location
Welcome to all the Facebook ads your competitor is currently running. You can now see which types of ads they use (videos, carousel ads, posts, single product ads, collections etc.), which products their promoting, the designs and copy they use in their ads, their CTAs as well as any other tricks and secrets they may be using.
With this info, you’ll be able to:
- Run a competitor-targeted ad campaign using similar products.
- Cater to audiences looking for similar products at a competitive price.
- Create your own trends.